A client uploaded video showing an At&t Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900) being unlocked using our service
I just purchased a new phone and found that it was locked to AT&T. What is a locked phone?
Phones that come with calling plans and are purchased through a specific carrier are often considered to be ‘locked’. The carrier has set up the software used on the phone so that it is locked to that specific carrier, meaning that the phone will work with a SIM card from that carrier only. The lock is known by various names like SPC Lock, SIM Lock or Sub Lock.
Why is my phone locked to AT&T?
Your service provider, AT&T, has enabled the network restriction so that you are unable to use your phone with any other GSM network. The manufacturer has locked the cell phone to AT&T.
What can I do with my phone that is locked to AT&T? How can I start using it again?
The safest and most reliable way to get your locked phone working again is to use unlock codes.. Unlock codes are phone specific codes that can remove the network restriction.
If I use unlock codes in my phone can I use it with another service provider?
If you use unlock codes from a reputable unlocking service provider, your phone will be permanently unlocked without affecting any of the phone’s software. You can then start using your phone with any other compatible GSM network.
Where can I get unlock codes that will unlock my AT&T phone?
You can get unlock codes from GSMLiberty. We are a reputable company and have been providing an unlocking service for various phone models locked to different carriers for some years now.
What information does GSMLiberty need in order to obtain my AT&T unlock codes?
We will need your phone’s unique International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number and the name of your carrier. You can enter your information and place your order on the products page of our website. We will start working on your order right away and will deliver your codes to you via email.
How do I find the IMEI number in my phone?
Here are two methods to find the IMEI number of your phone:
- Remove the battery and look for the 15 digit IMEI number present on the label which is located underneath the battery.
- Dial *#06#* while the phone is powered on. The 15 digit IMEI number will be displayed on the screen.
Why is it important for the IMEI number to be valid?
Our code generator provides codes for valid IMEI numbers only. If the number is not valid, we will not be able to generate an accurate code for your phone.
What will be the effect of using the AT&T unlock codes on the phone?
After you enter the unlock codes that you receive from GSMLiberty, your phone will be unlocked and you will be free to use any compatible service provider of your choice.
How do I tell whether my phone is locked?
Before placing an order for the unlock codes, be sure to find out whether or not your phone is locked. Here are some simple ways to find this out.
- Check for the mobile carrier’s logo on the phone box, handset or start-up screen.
- Check whether the logo of the phone carrier is present on the phone.
- Check whether the logo of the phone carrier appears on the screen every time the phone is switched on.
- There are various menu items related to the phone carrier within the phone itself.
One final way to check is to get a SIM card from a different network and place it in your phone. If the phone is unlocked, it will turn on normally with all the features getting loaded properly. The name of the phone carrier will also be displayed on the screen. If it is locked, an error message will be displayed prompting you to enter a SIM Network Unlock Pin.
What is the procedure for using the unlock codes to unlock my AT&T phone?
In most cases the procedure is as simple as inserting a non-allowed SIM card and dialing the unlock code when prompted.
We will send you instructions on how to enter the unlock codes on your specific phone model
Which AT&T models are can I unlock with unlock codes ?
Virtually all AT&T models can be unlocked using codes. This includes some of these popular models:
- Unlock At&T Apple IPhone 5, 4S, 4 : Our service supports unlocking At&t locked iPhones using an official and permanent unlock procedure through which we register your AT&T iPhone as unlocked with Apple’s servers !This means you won’t have to worry about jail breaking, using special sim cards or upgrading your IOS software version. Your AT&T iPhone is unlocked forever !Here are the steps to order and then enter the unlock codes in your iPhone that is locked to AT&T. Please follow them carefully. It is important, however, to be sure that your iPhone is activated and not blacklisted or reported as stolen.
- To put in your order: press *#06# to find the iPhone’s IMEI number. Enter it in the space provided on our website.
- Enter the phone carrier. In this case, it will be AT&T.
When we have your order and have generated the codes, we will email them to you. Here is the procedure for entering the codes:
- Install the latest version of iTunes
- Connect your phone to iTunes with a non-accepted SIM card. Wait until iTunes detects your phone.
- Next, disconnect your iPhone and reconnect after 10 seconds.
- You will find that your iPhone is unlocked. This can be checked on iTunes.
- Unlocking At&t Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, S2 and Samsung Notes::The entire Samsung series of phones (Galaxy, Notes, Quickfire , etc..) are supported for unlocking using codes provided by GSMliberty. Unlocking a Samsung Galaxy S from AT&T is not difficult. Once you get the unlock codes for your phone there are two methods to enter the codes. You can either insert a SIM card from a network different from the one your phone is locked to or simply dial the codes. Using a non-accepted SIM card is the preferable way.
- Turn your Samsung Galaxy S3 or S4 with a non-accepted SIM card. Remember that Samsung Galaxy S4 uses a Micro SIM card.
- Once the phone is turned on, it prompts for ‘SIM network unlock PIN’.
- Click ‘unlock’ and enter the unlock code that you received from GSMLiberty. After this is completed, press ‘unlock’ again.
- The phone will be unlocked and ready to be used with your chosen GSM carrier.
Note: Our At&t Samsung unlock code service will supply you with the NCK (network) for your phone. If you power on your AT&T Samsung phone with a non accepted simcard and your phone says “Phone Freeze” or requests an “Unfreeze code” , then you need to use ourSamsung unfreeze code service found here.
- At&t Nokia Lumia’s 920, 720 Unlock Codes: Unlocing your Nokia Lumia series is super easy with our AT&t unlock code service. It’s as simple as dialing in the unlock code provided when your phone prompts you to after inserting a non accepted simcard
- Unlock a Motorola At&t Phone : The video above shows an At&t locked Motorola Atrix 2 (MB965) being unlocked using our service. Note the process is similar to all Motorola phones locked to AT&T
Unlocking an AT&T Motorola phone is easier than ever using what is known as a Subsidy Code. You simply dial in the unlock code provided (As shown in the video above) and your phone can be used with any network you choose to !
- Unlock HTC One X locked to At&t: Unlocking an AT&T HTC phone is as simple as inserting a non-accepted SIM card into your locked HTC One X phone, it will ask you to enter the ‘SIM Network Unlock Pin’. Using your phone’s keypad, type in the unlock code that GSMLiberty sent to you and your HTC One X phone will be permanently unlocked to work on another GSM carrier of your choice.
- Blackberry Z10 and Q10 :Blackberry’s 10 series locked to AT&T are all supported for unlocking using codes !Insert a non- accepted SIM card, that is, a SIM card from a carrier other than the one the phone is locked to. Your Blackberry Z10 will prompt you to enter the unlock code. Just enter the first 8 digits of the code that GSMLiberty sent to you and press unlock on the phone screen. After a few minutes you will see that your Blackberry Z10 is unlocked and ready to be used.
.. and many more ! Simply select your AT&T model from the drop box on our website when you place your order and we will give you an accurate price and a delivery time frame quote.
What are the benefits from unlocking my phone?
If you keep your phone locked to a single carrier, you will not be able take advantage of the benefits listed below:
- While travelling, you can buy a local SIM card and save a lot of money on roaming fees
- The resale value of your phone will increase significantly since it can be used on other carriers. We have seen the value increase by nearly $300.
- You can easily switch SIM cards, using the same phone. You will not have to unlock it again since the lock was removed permanently.
How can I find out whether my phone is a GSM phone or a CDMA phone?
It is easy to determine whether your phone is a GSM or CDMA phone. If your phone uses a SIM card, it is a GSM phone. However, if your phone does not use a SIM card, it is a CDMA phone. In the United States, GSM carriers include AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers ATT and Suncom. The CDMA carriers are Verizon, US Cellular, QWest, Alltel, Cellular South, Metro PCS and Sprint PCS. Both CDMA and GSM phones are generally locked. However, GSM phones can easily be switched from one carrier to another if they are unlocked.
If I wish to use some other service provider and remove the AT&T lock, which current AT&T frequencies should I consider?
If you are considering unlocking your AT&T phone, please make sure that the service provider you wish to use is a GSM carrier and supports the following GSM frequencies:
- 850 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
- 1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
- 850 MHz UMTS/HSPA 3G
- 1900 MHz UMTS/HSPA 3G
- 700 MHz LTE 4G
What are the advantages of using unlock codes from GSMLiberty to unlock my AT&T phone?
- You can unlock your phone yourself from your own home or office, you don’t have to send it away to be repaired.
- You don’t need to use any complicated software or cables. The unlock codes are entered using your phone’s keypad.
- There is absolutely no risk of damaging your phone’s software by using unlock codes to remove the lock.
- Since no technical experience is necessary to enter the unlock codes, you can easily do it yourself.
- The phone is permanently unlocked and will remain unlocked when you update the software or change the SIM card.
Does unlocking the phone void the phone warranty?
No. Using reliable unlock codes does not void your warranty.
How long will it take to get the unlock codes delivered from GSMLiberty?
When you place your order, we will give you a timeframe within which the unlock codes will be delivered to you via email.
What if I don’t get the unlock codes within your timeframe?
If you do not get the unlock codes within the timeframe we stipulated, GSMLiberty will refund your payment in full. And we will still send you the unlock codes.
What is your service guarantee?
Our service guarantee is this: If, for some reason, our unlock codes fail to remove the lock from your phone, GSMLiberty will refund your payment in full..
Can I get support from GSMLiberty if I need it?
Our experts are available via phone email and online chat 24 hours during weekdays to answer questions and provide any support you need in unlocking your phone .
Can I place the order for unlock codes whenever I wish?
GSMLiberty accepts orders for unlock codes around the clock and our service is automated. You can place the order from any geographical location as well.