Do not be disheartened if your Blackberry 8820 has a SIM lock. Often, new devices are locked to the original service provider. The best way to get the lock removed is by using Blackberry unlock codes. Contact a reputable unlock code provider like GSMLiberty to purchase genuine unlock codes that will remove the SIM lock permanently. Once the lock is removed, you can use your phone with any phone carrier you prefer. Just enter the first 15 digits of the IMEI number of your Blackberry 8820 phone on the products page without any spaces or dashes. Once we have received your payment, we will generate your unlock code and deliver it to you via email within a stipulated time frame. Enter the unlock code following the instructions and remove the SIM lock yourself.
What can I do about my locked Blackberry 8820 phone?
If you have a locked Blackberry 8820 phone and you wish to unlock it, you have to get unlock codes from a reputable unlock code provider.
I did not know about Blackberry unlock codes. What are they?
Blackberry unlock codes are phone unlock codes specific to the model of your Blackberry phone. These unlock codes can remove the lock from your Blackberry 8820 phone without harming the phone or voiding your warranty.
Is the unlock procedure temporary?
No, the unlocking process is permanent. Once you unlock your phone, you will not have to repeat the process if there is a SIM card change or a phone software upgrade.
What company do you recommend for obtaining my unlock codes?
Contact GSMLiberty for genuine unlock codes. We are a registered company and we have been providing phone unlocking services for many years. We have many satisfied customers all over the world.
How does GSMLiberty obtain the unlock code?
GSMLiberty generates the specific unlock code on the basis of the first 15 digits of your phone’s valid IMEI number. Enter this number on the products page without any spaces or dashes. Be sure the IMEI number is valid; if it is not, we will not be able to generate your specific unlock code.
How do I find the IMEI number?
Here are two ways to find your phone’s IMEI number:
- Type *#06#* on the keypad. The 15 digit IMEI number will be displayed on the screen.
- Remove the battery from your Blackberry 8820 phone. The IMEI number is present underneath the battery on the label.
Will I be able to enter the unlock code myself in my Blackberry 8820 phone?
Yes, you will be able to enter the unlock code yourself. It is a simple process and can be done by the phone owner. Here are three methods to use, choose any one of them.
- Switch ON the Blackberry 8820 phone with a SIM card
- Turn off all the wireless connections
- Go to Options>Advanced Options
- Select SIM card
- On the menu, select Show Keyboard
- Enter MEPD (This is not visible when typed)
- Enter MEP2
- The phone will next prompt for the unlock code. Note that this is the unlock code sent by GSMLiberty
- Enter the code correctly and get the Blackberry 8820 phone unlocked
- Switch ON your Blackberry 8820 phone
- Go to Menu>Options> Advanced Options>SIM Card
- Press Select, holding the SHIFT Key and type MEPD
- The 5 locking categories are listed
- Hold the ALT key and type MEP2
- Release the ALT key
- The Blackberry 8820 phone prompts for a network MEP code
- Enter the unlock code sent by GSMLiberty
- Enter Return/Enter
- Your phone will now be unlocked
or, you can try the following method also
- Switch ON the Blackberry phone with a non-accepted or foreign SIM card
- If the phone prompts for a PIN, enter the PIN number
- The phone displays the message ‘Invalid SIM card’
- Select ‘Turn Wireless Off’
- Select ‘Settings’ menu
- Go to Advanced Options> SIM card
- Type alt-MEPT by holding the ALT-key and typing the letters MEPT with multitap
- The phone prompts for a Network MEP code
- Enter the unlock code and press Enter
- Restart your Blackberry phone
- Switch ON again
- The phone is unlocked automatically
Will I get a refund if the lock is not removed?
You will get a full refund if the lock is not removed from your Blackberry 8820 phone.