Why is my phone locked ? What is the meaning of a locked phone?
Locked phones are phones that come with calling plans and are purchased through a specific carrier like Virgin. Your phone carrier has set up the software used on the phone so that it is locked to that specific carrier, meaning that the phone will work with a SIM card from that carrier only. The lock is known by various names like Network lock, SPC Lock, SIM Lock or Sub Lock. With the lock in place you cannot use a different carrier.
Your service provider, Virgin has enabled the network restriction in your Samsung phone so that you are unable to use your phone with any other GSM network. The manufacturer has locked the cell phone to Virgin.
How do I unlock my Phone ?
The safest and most reliable way to get your locked phone working again is by using unlock codes. Unlock codes are phone specific codes that can remove the network restriction without affecting any of your phone’s software.
Why should I unlock my phone?
If you keep your phone locked to a single carrier, in this case Virgin, you will not be able take advantage of benefits like the following:
- While travelling, you can buy a local SIM card and save money on roaming fees
- The resale value of your phone will increase significantly since it can be used on other carriers. We have seen the value increase by nearly $300.
- You can easily switch SIM cards, using the same phone. You will not have to unlock it again since the lock was removed permanently.
If I use unlock codes in my phone can I use it with another service provider?
If you use unlock codes from a reputable unlocking service provider like GSMLiberty; your phone will be permanently unlocked without affecting any of the phone’s software. You can then start using your phone with any other compatible GSM network.
Where can I get unlock codes that will unlock my phone that is currently locked to Virgin?
You can get unlock codes from GSMLiberty. We are a reputable company and have been providing unlocking service for various phone models locked to different carriers for some years now. Our unlocking service is worldwide; we can assist you in any geographical location. We will deliver the specific unlock codes for your phone via email.
What information does GSMLiberty need from me in order to obtain the Virgin unlock codes?
We will need your phone’s unique International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number and the name of your carrier, in this case Virgin. We will also need the specific make and model of your phone. You can enter your information and place your order on the products page of our website. We will start working on your order right away and will deliver your codes to you via email.
Here are two methods to find the IMEI number of your phone:
- Remove the battery and look for the 15 digit IMEI number present on the label which is located underneath the battery.
- Dial *#06#* while the phone is powered on. The 15 digit IMEI number will be displayed on the screen.
Please note: GSMLiberty provides Virgin unlock codes for valid IMEI numbers only. If the number is not valid, we will not be able to generate an accurate code for your phone. Your phone will remain locked.
What happens after using the Virgin unlock codes on the phone?
After you enter the unlock codes that you receive from GSMLiberty, your phone will be unlocked and you will be free to use any compatible service provider.
How can I find out whether my phone is locked?
It is important to know whether your phone is locked or not before placing an order for the unlock codes. Here are some simple ways to find this out.
- Check for the mobile carrier’s logo on the phone box, handset or start-up screen.
- Check whether the logo of the phone carrier is present on the phone.
- Check whether the logo of the phone carrier appears on the screen every time the phone is switched on.
- There are various menu items related to the phone carrier within the phone itself.
One final way to check is to get a SIM card from a different network and place it in your phone. If the phone is unlocked, it will turn on normally with all the features getting loaded properly. You will be able to see the name of the phone carrier displayed on the screen. If it is locked, an error message will be displayed prompting you to enter a SIM Network Unlock Pin.
What terminology regarding unlock codes should I know?
Here is some helpful terminology:
- FREEZE and DEFREEZE = Unfreeze Code for Samsung
- MEP2= Network MEP Code (Unlock code for Blackberry)
- MEP4 = Service Provider Code for Blackberry
- NCK= Unlock Code
- SPCK= Service Provider Code
How do I enter the unlock codes to unlock my Virgin phone?
In most cases, the procedure is as simple as inserting a non-allowed SIM card often termed as foreign SIM card and dialing the unlock code when prompted. The procedure may differ based on the phone make and model you are using. For example, iPhones and Samsung phones will be unlocked following a very different unlocking process. You will receive instructions on how to enter the unlock codes on your specific phone model from GSMLiberty.
Which Virgin mobile phone models can I unlock with unlock codes?
Virtually, all Virgin models can be unlocked using codes, most requested models include :
- Permanent Virgin Mobile iPhone Unlocking:We provide an official iPhone unlock service. Our service supports unlocking Virgin locked iPhones using an official and permanent unlock procedure through which we register your Virgin iPhone as unlocked with Apple’s servers.
This means that you won’t have to worry about jail breaking, using special SIM cards or upgrading your IOS software version. Your Virgin iPhone will be permanently unlocked.
The following are the steps to order and then enter the unlock codes in your iPhone that is locked to Virgin. Please follow them carefully. It is important, however, to be sure that your iPhone is activated and not blacklisted or reported as stolen.Press *#06# to find the iPhone’s IMEI number. Enter it in the space provided on our website along with your exact Virgin mobile carrier and we’ll provide you with a quoted price and time frame for unlocking your iPhone.
Within the promised time frame we will register your Virgin mobile iPhone as unlocked on Apple’s servers and notify you of this . All you have to do is :
- Install the latest version of iTunes
- Connect your phone to iTunes with a non-accepted SIM card. Wait until iTunes detects your phone.
- Next, disconnect your iPhone and reconnect after 10 seconds.
- You will find that your Virgin Mobile iPhone is unlocked and can be used with any GSM carrier you please !
Here is a video of a real client’s experience showing how easy it is to permenanty unlock your Virgin mobile iPhone. Note: The video shows the client unlocking an iPhone 4 , however the process is the same for all iPhone models:
- Virgin Mobile Samsung Unlock Codes :The entire Samsung series of phones (Galaxy S4,S3,S2 ,Notes, etc.) whether locked to Virgin Canada , Virgin Australia, Virgin UK or any other subsidiary of Virgin mobile can be unlocked by using codes provided by GSMLiberty.
Unlocking a Samsung Galaxy S4 from Virgin is very easy. Once you get the unlock codes for your phone, there are two methods to enter the codes. You can either insert a SIM card from a network different from the one your phone is locked to or simply dial the codes. Using a non-accepted SIM card is the preferable way.
- Turn your Virgin Samsung Galaxy , S2, S3 or S4 with a non-accepted SIM card. Remember that Samsung Galaxy S4 uses a Micro SIM card.
- Once the phone is turned on, it prompts for ‘SIM network unlock PIN’ or the unlock code.
- Click ‘unlock’ and enter the unlock code that you received from GSMLiberty. After this is completed, press ‘unlock’ again.
- The phone will be unlocked and ready to be used with your chosen GSM carrier.
- You can send a message or make a call to confirm that your phone is unlocked.
Note: Our Virgin Samsung unlock code service will supply you with the NCK (network) for your phone. If you power on your Virgin Samsung phone with a non-accepted SIM card and your phone says “Phone Freeze” or requests an “Unfreeze code”, then you need to use our Samsung unfreeze code service found here.
Here is a video on how to unlock your Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 with unlock codes from GSMLiberty
Here is a video on how to unlock your Virgin Samsung Galaxy S3 with unlock codes from GSMLiberty:
- Virgin LG Unlock Codes:Unlocking your LG phone such as your LG Optimus L5 E617G is easy with our GSMLiberty Virgin unlock code service. Turn on your phone with a non-accepted SIM card in place and, when prompted, dial in the unlock code that was provided to you. If it does not prompt for an unlock code when you turn the phone on, just open the Service menu to enter the code. To do this, first turn on your LG phone and then type 2945#*617 (you have to type the three or four digit number of your phone model which in this case is 617.) Be careful to find the correct model number, as some phones in the LG series have different model numbers.
- Unlock HTC Desire C locked to Virgin:Unlocking a Virgin HTC Desire C phone is easy. Simply insert a non-accepted SIM card into your locked HTC Desire C phone. You will be prompted to enter the ‘SIM Network Unlock Pin’. Using your phone’s keypad, type in the unlock code that GSMLiberty sent to you and your HTC Desire C phone will be permanently unlocked to work on any other GSM carrier of your choice.You can unlock your HTC Wildfire following this procedure.
- Virgin Mobile Blackberry Z10 and Q10 Unlock and MEP Codes:Blackberry’s 10 series phones that are locked to Virgin can all be unlocked with our unlock codes.
Insert a non- accepted SIM card, that is, a SIM card from a carrier other than the one the phone is locked to. Your Blackberry Z10 will prompt you to enter the unlock code. Just enter the code that GSMLiberty sent to you and press ‘unlock’ on the phone screen. After a few minutes you will see that your Blackberry Z10 is unlocked and ready to be used.
If we have not covered your phone model here, simply select your Virgin model from the drop box on our website when you place your order and we will give you an accurate price and a delivery time frame quote.
How do I know whether my phone is a GSM phone or a CDMA phone?
It is easy to determine whether your phone is a GSM or CDMA phone. If your phone uses a SIM card, it is a GSM phone. If your phone does not use a SIM card, it is a CDMA phone. In the United States, GSM carriers include Virgin, T-Mobile, AT&T, Rogers ATT and Suncom. The CDMA carriers are Verizon, US Cellular, QWest, Alltel, Cellular South, Metro PCS and Sprint PCS. Both CDMA and GSM phones are generally locked by the service providers. However, GSM phones can easily be switched from one carrier to another if they are unlocked.
What are the advantages of using unlock codes from GSMLiberty to unlock my Virgin phone?
- You can unlock your phone yourself from your own home or office, you don’t have to send it away to be repaired.
- You don’t need to use any complicated software or cables. The unlock codes are entered using your phone’s keypad.
- There is absolutely no risk of damaging your phone’s software by using unlock codes to remove the lock.
- Since no technical experience is necessary to enter the unlock codes, you can easily do it yourself.
- The phone is permanently unlocked and will remain unlocked when you update the software or change the SIM card.
Does unlocking the phone with unlock codes void the phone warranty?
No. Using reliable unlock codes does not void your warranty.
How long will it take to get the unlock codes delivered from GSMLiberty?
When you place your order, we will give you a timeframe within which the unlock codes will be delivered to you via email.
What if I don’t get the unlock codes within your timeframe?
If you do not get the unlock codes within the timeframe we stipulated, GSMLiberty will refund your payment in full. And we will still send you the unlock codes.
What is GSMLiberty’s service guarantee?
Our service guarantee is this: If, for some reason, our unlock codes fail to remove the lock from your phone, GSMLiberty will refund your payment in full.
Can I get support from GSMLiberty if I need it?
Our experts are available via phone, email or online chat 24 hours a day on weekdays to answer questions and provide any support you need in unlocking your phone.
Can I place the order for unlock codes whenever I wish and from any geographical location?
GSMLiberty accepts orders for unlock codes around the clock and our service is automated. You can place the order from any geographical location as well.
Uploaded by Jared McRorie
A video showing the result of the unlock code for my Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 from gsmliberty.net .